Sunday, September 15, 2013

If God will give me another life to live on earth, I will be a numerary 30 times over

By mariano3 in Can I trust Opus Dei?

I am an African, a former numerary in Opus Dei.

I had crisis of vocation, common when you graduate from university really thinking out what to do in life, a period when one needs a lot of prayer and direction. My prayer life at that point was tepid. I was away from the centre on compulsory national service, hence not so much accessible for spiritual direction. Besides, looking back I realised I have not been very sincere to my directors over the years for them to truly understand my situation then to adequately help me. Somehow I lost this great vocation. I asked that I wanted to leave and there was no compulsion to stay. The door was wide open for me to leave. The truth is that its easier to leave Opus Dei than to join.

The greatest regret I have today is not being a numerary. Now I am married happily with two kids, I have just finished praying the three decades of rosary and seeking intercession of Blessed John Paul II, that God may grant my kids vocation to Opus Dei (my daily prayers).

If God will give me another life to live on earth, I will be a mumerary 30 times over. I am what I am today from the tremendous formation I have received from Opus Dei free of charge.

Read more in: http://rcspiritualdirection.com/blog/2013/01/06/can-i-trust-opus-dei

No comments: